Music has been an important part of my life for a long time now. As a child, I was a member of the Haydn-choir which is one of the four choirs from the world-renowned Vienna Choir Boys (Wiener Sängerknaben). I toured with them to America, Japan, South Africa, and Europe. The piano has been the first instrument that I properly learned as a small child (apart from the recorder in elementary school). Later, I started playing the guitar in my first Rock-Band U.B.C. (Ugly Blue Car) and picked up yet another instrument – the drums – while studying in Augsburg a few years later. During my studies in Vienna, I was also a member of the cover rock-band Vanguard, playing keyboard and singing.
At the age of 21, I started to compose songs occasionally. It started as a little exercise in scoring by my dear friend and music teacher Lucio Golino. This little exercise was the kick-off to my first composition that I dedicated to him: “Für Golino”.
Following that first song, I received more exercises and freely created many more songs, some of them even originated from a melody that I dreamt and wrote down the following day. One thing led to another and now I’m regularly arranging and composing pieces for a-cappella choir and ensembles.
Compositions and Arrangements
- March 2009: Für Golino (Piano)
- April 2009: Muttertagswalzer (Piano)
- October 2009: Mozarts Müllerin (Piano)
- May 2010: Durmolie (Piano)
- June 2010: Jumper (Piano)
- August 2010: Die Erinnerung (Piano)
- Sept. 2010: Es ist fast Nacht (Piano and vocals)
- March 2012: Andreas Glück (Vocals and guitar)
- January 2013: Foo Fighters – Aurora (Transcription of the drums)
- Fall 2013: Good Night Cecile (Piano)
- August 2013: Red Hair (Vocals with audio-loop)
- Fall 2014: Familie (Piano)
- Winter 2016: System of a Down – Roulette (Arrangement for SATB Choir)
- Spring 2017: You Raise Me Up (Arrangement for SATB Choir)
- Spring 2018: Lemo – So wie du bist (Arrangement for SATB Choir), based on my transcript of the original song. Live performance.
- Spring 2018: Keane – Somewhere Only We Know (Arrangement for SMATBB Choir)
- Spring 2019: Pandora (New composition for SSAATTBB Choir with Body Percussion)
- Spring 2019: The Real Group – I’ll help you home (Arrangement for SMATBB Ensemble)
- Summer 2019: Muse – Starlight (Arrangement for SMATBB Choir)
- Winter 2019: Liquido – Narcotic (Arrangement for SATB Choir). Live performance
- Winter 2019: Aurora – The Seed (Arrangement for SMATBB Ensemble)
- Summer 2020: You Make It Real – James Morrison (Arrangement for SMATBB Ensemble)